The state of Florida is home to nearly 20 million residents, and this number grows each year. Why is the Sunny state so desirable? Well, it has a lot to offer – great climate, excellent education, high-quality healthcare facilities, and endless year-round recreational options. These and many other opportunities that this state has to offer are the reason many people are thinking about moving to Florida. But, how to do it? Follow our 101 guide, and you’ll move with ease!
Benefits of moving to Florida
This state offers many benefits. If you are still not sure if you should move, consider them before making a final decision.
- If you want an active lifestyle for yourself – this is the right place for you. Florida’s weather allows you to spend many days outdoor.
- You won’t have to pay state taxes here. This comes in handy if you are planning on saving some money.
- World class beaches and state parks are something you should definitely consider when making a decision.
- Do you like surfing? You do? Florida’s residents do too!
- If exploring the wildlife interests you-you will be relocating to the state of your dreams.
- This state is very openminded and welcoming. Its cultural diversity and tolerance is something that makes Florida very desirable.
- The cost of living is low. This will allow you to have a much better quality of life.
Get a Florida driver’s license
If you’re planning on driving in the Sunny state, you’ll need to obtain a driver’s license before moving to Florida. You can do it at any Florida DMV office. But, come prepared! You will need to provide the insurance documentation, proof of Florida residency, and your old license (if you have one). If you want to speed up this whole process, you can fill out the Driver’s License paperwork online.
Find a job before moving to Florida
Finding a job in advance will make the whole moving process much easier. Of course, you can find a job at any time in the Sunny state, but it is best to come prepared. If you are looking for a job in tourism, international trade, health sciences, marketing or sales – it will be an easy task for you. Florida has a large marker, and if there is any chance to find a job – you will have it.
Find a place to call home
- Pick a city. There are many cities that attract people, but you should do your research prior to moving to Florida. Some places might not be the right fit for you. Decide if you are moving to Tampa or Miami before packing the bags. If you look into your options in advance – no surprises will come at you!
- Decide if you are going to rent or buy a property. This depends on your budget and your personal preferences, but make a plan before making any further steps.
- Hire a real estate agent. If you are moving to Florida for the first time, there is a great chance you don’t know the market. That is the main reason why you should hire a professional to help you. And, believe us – you will need some assistance.
Prepare for the weather
If you’re thinking about moving to Florida, there is a wide range of options to choose from; from the large metropolitan areas to picket-fenced suburbia. But the thing they all have in common is Florida’s unpredictable weather. Florida may be known as the warm climate state, but don’t expect to spend every day on the beach. This state’s weather changes wildly and often unpredictably. Prepare yourself for some summertime heat and humidity, as well as for some thunderstorms.
Explore Florida’s lifestyle
There are two stereotypes when people think of Florida – the slow retirement community and the party-never-stops Florida. But, what you’ll get mostly depends on you and your decisions. You won’t find the same things in different places. If you are moving to Orlando, your lifestyle might be much different than perhaps one you’d have in Miami or some other city.
Tips for adjusting to Florida
- Learn to speak Spanish. It will help you in your everyday life. If you don’t already speak Spanish, don’t worry – you will learn it faster than you expect.
- Familiarize yourself with Florida’s lifestyle. Some things might seem weird to you, but you should stay open-minded and give everything a chance. Whats the point of moving to Florida if you want everything to stay the same way?
- Be patient on the road. Yes, traffic in Florida can be a bit slow, but you will get used to it in no time.
- Learn to relax. This might sound strange, but you will really enjoy living in the Sunshine state – everybody does!
Make your move stress-free using the services of a moving company
There’s a lot to do when moving to Florida. The most effective way to stay on task is to find a reliable moving company. Help from well-experienced professionals is something that comes in handy when relocating. You will need to make a plan, calculate your budget and prepare yourself and your family for the moving process. Hiring a moving company will give you time to focus on other tasks. Let the professionals handle all the hard work, and relax for once!
Say your goodbyes
This is the hardest part, but you can do it! People that you care about the most are still just a call away. Don’t feel sad or sorry. Everyone will want to come and visit you after moving to Florida – don’t worry! Say your goodbyes, and start a new adventure in Florida!