Moving day has finally arrived. Now, you are wondering what all the fuss is about, everything is going great. You slept for three hours, and your phone battery is empty, but everything is fine. Except it is not. You should be on top of your game during the moving day, so we bring you the best moving day tips. Moving will go great with movers Oakland Park Fl, however, you need to be rested and prepared.
Make a to-do list
You probably already made a to-do list when you started planning the move. However, you will not be able to remember everything you should do and check your moving day tips. That is why you should write everything on paper, instead of telling yourself that you will remember it. Throwing garbage away is a logical thing to do, but will you remember it before you lock the door? Just have your to-do list near you, it will keep you calm and oriented. With packing services Florida, all of your belongings will be taken care of, but the rest of the house should get the same treatment.
Pack an essentials bag
An essentials bag is a life saver, just like a to-do list. Pack all the items you will need in the next 24-48 hours. This includes:
- Chargers – do not forget to charge your phone during your last night before the move is one of the essential moving day tips
- Clothes – you will not have the time to think about where and if you packed an extra t-shirt, so pack it the night before
- Hygienic items – always have soap, a toothbrush and shower gel in your essentials bag
- Medicine- if you have a headache (totally understandable), you will be able to quickly resolve the issue
- First aid kit – it is better to be safe than sorry, the first aid kit should be in your essentials bag
- Food and water – pack some extra sandwiches for the road, and always make sure you and the movers have enough water, especially on a hot day
Go through every room of the house
Some of the best moving day tips are going throughout the whole house once again and checking everything just in case. You will happy you have done this because it will give you a sense of closure. You will say goodbye to the empty rooms, cherish the moments that you had inside of your home. Furthermore, you will be able to check if you remember to take all the prohibited items your movers won`t move. Also, make sure to take photos of the rooms to avoid any future possible issues.
Final moving day tips
Go through every box, and check if it is properly labeled and packed for your movers. Think about whether you want to tip your movers, and prepare cash in case you want to tip them. Place the keys of the new and old house within your reach, as you do not want to lose them. And finally, one of the best moving day tips is to go with the flow. Good luck!