So you are thinking of moving to Lake Worth in Florida. This place definitely has its charms and you will love living here. You probably want to get as many information about this small town as you can. Well, Lake Worth is located in Palm Beach County in Florida. The climate here is great and you will enjoy the vacation atmosphere that is so predominant here. You will be so close to the ocean and the housing is really affordable. The climate is that typical hot Florida climate. If you don’t like snow and cold weather you will really love it here. If you are moving with kids you will love this kid friendly little city. We will give you some real estate info and suggest some of the best places to buy and live in Lake Worth FL.
Is it a good idea to live in Lake Worth?
Just like every other place Lake Worth has its good sides and its bad sides. It is affordable and you have direct access to the ocean. On the other hand, it has outdated infrastructure and the crime rate is somewhat high. We will give you some statistics about Lake Worth ad you can draw your own conclusions. The population of Lake Worth is 36,838. This small city is a suburbs of Miami. The price of living in Lake Worth is cheaper than the average living price in America.
Jobs and crime rate
The median income in Lake Worth is $36,739. The job growth in this city is positive even though the unemployment rate is about 4,5% which is below the national average. If you are looking for a well paid job you should try your chances in Management and Financial sectors. The average salary in Management sector in Lake Worth is $60,081. You will also find good salaries in public administration and utilities. When it comes to crime rates there are somewhat high rates of violent crimes. It scores 91 out of the average 100 in violent crimes. The situation is more positive when it comes to property crimes where it scores 62 out of 100.
Commuting and health
An average commute in Lake Worth lasts for 25 minutes which is not that long indeed. Most of the people drive their own cars, 84% to be exact. 9% carpool and 7% of people work from home. The quality of the air in Lake Worth is pretty good. However, water quality is way below average in America. You will not have a problem finding a good physician here. Per 100 000 population, there are 254 physicians which is higher than the national average.
Climate and education
There are 59 inches of rain per year in Lake Worth. If you don’t like winter you will be happy to hear that there is absolutely no snowfall here. There are 239 glorious sunny days per year here. It is one of the cities with the most comfortable climate in the US. When it comes to education it is good being a student here. Your kids will have a good education. The city spends $10,239 per student. Some other interesting rankings of Lake Worth are the following
• It ranks 125 of 325 in the Best suburbs for millennials list
• On the most diverse places to live in Florida list, it ranks 48 of 876 which is an excellent ranking
• And on most diverse suburbs in Florida list, it ranks32 of 321
Real estate and best places to live in Lake Worth FL
The median home value in Lake Worth is $151,500 and the median rent is $ 951. If you are thinking of buying a house you should know that 23.26% of houses are not occupied. So as you can see there is a lot to choose from.
Houses to buy in Lake Worth
- 110 Harvard Dr, has a wonderful home that sells for $425,000. It is a ranch style house built in 1952. This is a single family home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It is an open house so you can stop by and sneak a peak.
- 914 Ne St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 offers a three bedroom and two bathroom single family home for $225,000. It even has a small cottage and a tropical garden. It is close to the beach, the golf course and the downtown historical area.
- 430 N B St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 has a somewhat smaller 2 bedroom and one bathroom house that sells for $209,900. It was built in 1954 but it is fully renovated inside and out. A fun detail is the door of the house that is the original 1950’s door. You have a small piece of history right here.
- 927 S L St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 situates another 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom single family home that sells for $199,980. It takes only 2 miles from the home to the beach. The house was built in 1928 but is now fully remodeled.
You will love these homes to live in Lake Worth FL as well
- 418 S D St, Lake Worth, FL 33460 one of the cheapest pieces of real estate in Lake Worth. This is a three bedroom and two bathroom house that sells for $195,000. They state that it has a spacious backyard and a brand new kitchen. It is not as great looking as all of the other houses mentioned here.
- 205 18th Ave S, Lake Worth, FL 33460 situates a four bedroom and three bathroom home that sells for $369,000. This house has a pool so you can enjoy fantastic pool parties.
- 1425 S Palmway , Lake Worth, FL 33460 offers a three bedroom and two bathroom house that sells for $369,000. They claim that the neighborhood is family friendly and very safe.
We hope that you will find your perfect piece of real estate among the ones offered here. Lake Worth has a lot of good things to offer and you will definitely enjoy it. You will experience how great it is to live in Lake Worth FL after you move here.